Interim buildings are designed for 3 to 7 years use or when heating or cooling is required.
The roof covers and wall cladding are in steel in a range of gauges depending upon insulation requirements.
These are a portal frame system designed using aluminium box profile for the main beams, with additional roof framework to support the steel sheet roof covering.
- They are still relatively fast to erect and fast to dismantle
- No footings or foundations required
- They are supplied with steel roof cladding up to 40mm thick for added insulation
- The combination of steel roof and wall cladding adds to the overall stability
- The steel roof cladding provides improved security
- A percentage of the roof cladding are clear panels to improve daylight light reduce lighting costs
- Low heat and cooling costs due to the insulation values of the 40mm steel roof and wall cladding
- The framework is quickly and easily dismantled and can be re-used time and again
- Increased installation costs due to working at height regulations
- Requires a level base or plinth for installation due to steel roof cladding
- Steel roof-cladding cannot be re-used conveniently
- Very difficult to stop water ingress around the base without a raised pad or plinth